Last Updated: August 25th, 2020
Information We Collect and How We Use Your Information
There are three general categories of information we collect:
- Information you provide to us
- Information we automatically collect from your use of the Site
- Information we collect from third parties
We use your information in several different ways. What we do with your information depends on when we collect it and what we collect.
Information you provide to us
- Your name and contact details (such as your email address, mailing address, phone number, and password)
- Your payment information (such as your credit/debit card number, security/CVV code, and expiration date)
- Your financing information (such as social security number, date of birth, and income)
- Your communications and contact history with us (such as service call recordings, chat and instant messages, or communications with our social media channels)
- Other information (such as product reviews, forum posts, survey responses, participation in promotions, and other user-generated content)
How we use information you provide to us and why we need it:
- Account registration: we need your name and contact information to create your account online. This information is necessary to properly service and fulfil your order(s) and perform certain functions on the Site.
- Accept payments, fulfill orders, provide refunds: we use your name, shipping and billing information to fulfill our obligations with you and deliver your order, process payments for your order and comply with applicable law.
- Financing applications with our financing partners: we gather your financial information on behalf of our financing partners and send that information to them in order to facilitate financing of your purchase of our products.
- Communication about your account: we use your name and contact information to deliver important account information, order / shipping confirmations, and other notices about your account, our Site or the terms, conditions and policies that apply to them.
- Marketing and advertising communication: we may use your name and contact information to deliver marketing and personalized advertising messages, or to administer referral programs, rewards, sweepstakes, contests, surveys or other promotional content.
- Provide improved user experience: we use your contact and profile information, your communication with us and your historical order information to improve and optimize the Site and personalize and customize your experience with us and our Site.
- Analytics, training and quality assurance: we may use your information for analyzing and improving our services, training our staff, and for other performance related functions.
Information we automatically collect from your use of the Site
- Order history and saved items (such as what you bought and what you've placed in your shopping cart or saved)
- Log data and device information (such as details about how you've used the Site, IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, location data and search/page/product views or clicks)
- Geo-location information (such as IP address, browser information or mobile GPS information)
How we use information we automatically collect and why we need it:
- To provide customer service and post-order functions: we use your order history to fulfill and deliver on our contract with you, process returns and/or cancellations if needed, and to generally provide a great shopping and customer experience.
- To analyze and improve user experience: we log and analyze automatically collected information as key performance indicators of our service and our Site.
- To offer a secure shopping environment: we use automatically collected information to comply with applicable regulations and laws and to ensure proper measures are in place for safe and secure shopping experience.
- Analytics, training and quality assurance: we may use automatically collected information for analyzing and improving our services and Site experience, fraud detection, training our staff, and for other performance related functions.
- Marketing and advertising communication: we may use automatically collected information from cookies, pixels and similar technologies to provide the most relevant advertising messages to you.
Information we collect from third parties
- Your name and contact details (such as your email address, mailing address, phone number and password)
- Social media handles (such as your Facebook or Instagram handle)
- Other information (such as demographic data, fraud detection information and information about you and your activities, experiences and interactions on and off the Site)
How we use information we collect from third parties:
- Registration, profile, and shipping address information: we will use information from third party services if you register or login with another service, such as Facebook or Google. We will also use information from third party services such as shipping and contact information if you use payment methods such as Amazon Pay or PayPal to complete and fulfil your orders.
- Marketing and advertising communication: we may use information obtained from third parties to deliver marketing and personalized advertising messages, or to administer referral programs, rewards, sweepstakes, contests, surveys or other promotional content.
- To provide a secure shopping experience: we may use information obtained from third parties, in conjunction with the information we have about you for fraud prevention and risk assessment functions.
When and How We Share Your Information
We do not sell your information. We share your information only as an essential part of being able to offer the Site functionality, the Service and related services and offerings, including customer service and order fulfillment, to you. We share your information with:
- Providers that help us deliver our products to you, such as suppliers, payment service providers, logistics professionals, and delivery and freight companies.
- Professional service providers who help us run our business, such as marketing companies, software vendors, consultants, and advertising partners.
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us) and payment processors or financing providers and card issuing banks if you choose to use their services or offerings.
If you chose to apply for a financing product offered by a financing provider, we collect some of your financing information on behalf of that provider. We do not store this financing information, except for information we need to keep in order to provide services to you. We will not use your financing information for any other purpose.
- Functionality cookies, which allow you to browse the Site and use its features.
- Analytics cookies, which allow us to measure, analyze and understand how our customers use the Site and to identify ways to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies, which help us save your preferences or Site settings and make your experience more personalized.
- Targeting or advertising cookies, which allow us to deliver digital ads relevant to you. These types of cookies help us identify and retarget users who may be interested in our products.
We also use web beacons to help us identify your computer and evaluate user behavior, such as reactions to promotions. Web beacons are small GIF files that can be embedded in other graphics, emails, or similar. To prevent web beacons on our site, you can use tools such as AdBlock Plus. To prevent web beacons in emails, please set your mail program so that no HTML is displayed in messages.
Direct Marketing and Behavioral Advertising
We may directly send you marketing communications and materials by email, postal mail and other channels to keep you informed of new products, promotions, and to provide other information we think may be of interest to you. You can stop receiving direct marketing messages from us at any time by contacting us here or by clicking any "unsubscribe" link in any marketing message you receive from us. Please note that it may take up to 48 hours to process your request and update our systems. Note that if you request that we stop sending you marketing messages, we will continue to send you administrative and service communications (such as order updates and other important or transactional information).
We may also display tailored interest-based advertising to you on both our Site or unaffiliated sites. These targeted ads, are displayed to you based on information from activities on our Site such as product viewing, adding products to cart or purchasing on our Site. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Google and Facebook.
You can opt-out of receiving some third-party interest-based ads, or learn more about behavioral advertising, by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices or www.networkadvertising.org/choices. Please note that if you opt out of behavioral advertising, you will still see advertisements - they will just not be tailored to your interests. Also note that deleting browser cookies can remove the cookie preferences you have made, so you may need to opt-out again in the future.
Browser Push Notifications
New visitors to the Site might receive a pop-up prompt asking if they would like to allow or block notifications. If notifications are allowed, the user has opted in to promotional notifications. If the user blocks notifications, they are opted out. If the pop-up prompt is closed out within a response, the user will receive the prompt at the start of each subsequent session. If the user wishes to opt out in the future, they can clear their cookies to get the allow/block option again.
Blogs, Reviews, Q&A and Forums
We may also from time to time offer publicly-accessible blogs, reviews, Q&A sections or forums. Any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them. To request removal of your information from blogs, customer reviews, Q&As or forums, please contact us here. Please note that in some cases we may be unable to remove your information.
Our Security Measures
The security and privacy of your information is important to us. We implement a variety of appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to maintain the safety of your personal information. Encryption technology, including current industry-standard encryption protocols, is used to protect personal information in certain areas of our websites during transmission across the Internet. We use a PCI-compliant payment service provider over a secured network.
We encourage you to take reasonable measures to protect your password and your computer to prevent unauthorized access to your account. Remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window if you are using a shared computer in a public place such as a library or an Internet cafe.
Keeping Your Information
When we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will either delete it from our systems or anonymize it so that it no longer identifies you.
Our Site and our Service are not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under that age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that we have information about your child, please contact us here. To learn more about how to protect your child online, visit the FTC’s www.OnGuardOnline.gov.
Information for Visitors from California and Outside of the United States
Privacy Rights for California Residents
California residents have the right to request that we disclose what personal information is collected by our Site, how it is used, disclosed or if it is being sold. We do NOT sell your personal information to any third parties without your prior consent. California residents also have the right to request the deletion of their personal information collected or maintained by us. If you wish to make a request for information or to delete your account, or for any questions about our privacy practices and compliance with California law, please contact us here. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Prior to responding to your request, we will verify your identity by matching any requested identifying information you provide against the information we have about you. We will not subject you to discriminatory treatment as a result of your choice to exercise your privacy rights.
Right to Removal of Posted Information--California Minors
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account on our Site, you have the right to request removal of unwanted information that you publicly post on the Site. To request removal of such information, you can contact us here. Upon receiving such a request, we will make sure that the information is not publicly available on the Site, but the information may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems and databases.
Visitors from Outside of the United States
How to Contact Us with Questions and Feedback